The New Year is traditionally the time to make resolutions to improve your life. The most popular are usually to exercise more, to eat better or pick up a new hobby. However, one resolution you may have put aside is furthering your education. At USD Online, we are here to help you keep your resolution. Classes start January 8, 2018. Now is the perfect time to put your education top of mind. And yes there’s still time to enroll!
Here’s how to get started and keep your education resolution throughout the year.
- Call 800-233-7937 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment with one of our dedicated enrollment coordinators. They are here to answer all of your questions and help you through the application process—because everyone can use some help keeping their resolutions!
- Start your application here and be sure to work with your enrollment coordinator to understand what application materials are required for your program of interest.
- Have a budget. Even though USD Online programs are remarkably affordable, paying for your education can be a challenge to keeping your resolution. Therefore, be sure to research financial aid options, including scholarships and grants, and check with your employer about opportunities for tuition support.
- Schedule your time and have a designated work space. Part of starting good habits is having a routine. While we know life is anything but routine, having designated times and a quite space to do your work will lead to success. Starting out, over-estimate the time you’ll need to do classwork until you have a better gauge of how long you need to complete assignments.
- Set expectations. Communication with your family, friends and employer is key and it’s important that they understand your motivation, determination and most importantly the commitments you have to earning your degree.
- Reward yourself. Your degree is the ultimate prize, but be sure to reward yourself along the way. Give yourself a day-off now and then to recharge your batteries. Spend time with your family and friends and do something fun.
- For more on these and many other helpful suggestions, take our Online Learning Readiness Check.